TEST AND QUIZ DATES
Biology 20 - Digestion Test - Tuesday, April 30.
Science 9 - Electricity Unit Exam - Tuesday, April 30.
IMPORTANT DATES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Grade 9's Economics of Staying in School at Old's College - Wednesday, May 8, 2013.
Junior High School Track Meet - Thursday, May 16, 2013.
Commencement Ceremony - Saturday , May 18.
WHAT WE ARE STUDYING
In Science 9 we are presently studying:
Unit D: Electrical Principles and Technology
- Forms of energy - Energy transformation
- Generation of electrical energy - Electric charge and current
- Circuits - Electrical energy storage
- Energy transmission - Measures and units of electrical energy
- Electrical resistance and Ohm's law - Renewable and nonrenewable energy
In Biology 20 we are presently studying:
Unit 4 – Human Systems
Themes: Energy, Equilibrium, Matter and Systems
General Outcomes: Students will:
- Explain the how the human digestive and respiratory systems exchange energy and matter with the environment.
- Explain the role of the circulatory and defense systems in maintaining an internal equilibrium.
- Explain the role of the excretory system in maintaining an internal equilibrium.
- Explain the role of the motor system in the function of the other body systems
Key Concepts: - structure and function of the major systems: respiratory, digestive, excretory, circulatory and motor
- chemical nature of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins
- chemical and physical digestion - digestive enzymes
- gas exhange - composition of blood
- immune response - renal function
- muscle contraction